Published on December 16th, 2020 | by gareth0
Second Extinction Reveals The Hornet’s Nest
Looking forward to seeing what they have.
Systemic Reaction has announced that Pre-season 2 of the co-op dino shooter Second Extinction is now live on Steam Early Access. Titled “The Hornet’s Nest,” this new content update will make fightin’ around the world even more of a blast while introducing new challenges, goodies and more. Second Extinction is also featured in Steam’s Midweek Madness sale and available now for $19.99 for a limited time.
Here’s what you can expect in Pre-season 2:
- Expedition Mode: A new mode which lets players freely explore the surface without having to be on a mission. Players can explore the map solo or as part of a squad, and complete activities at a more relaxed pace. Your actions will also count more heavily toward the global War Effort metagame.
- New Weapon – Rocket Launchers: Rosy the Enforcer gets an explosive new weapon with its own upgrade path, perfect for slaying giants and mopping up the dino hordes.
- War Effort & Emergence EventChanges: You’ll find four new emergence events, plus the new Overmutated Raptor, a faster, deadlier dino who has a chance to appear during these events.
- New weekly seasonal chain contracts that can be completed for special rewards like cosmetics, weapon skins, nameplates, etc.
- An exclusive nameplate reward for logging in.
- Plus a variety of improvements, fixes, balance updates and more.
Second Extinction pits teams of up to three players against swarms of bloodthirsty dinos in fast-paced battles across Earth’s post-apocalyptic wastelands. Gear up with a wide range of powerful weapons and fight alone or with friends against monstrous predators long thought extinct — now mutated and deadlier than ever! The game will continue to introduce new weapons, challenges, dino mutations, War Effort emergence events, gameplay improvements and more throughout early access, with new updates made regularly to the game’s content roadmap.