Published on December 2nd, 2020 | by gareth0
Faye Lau Returns To The Division 2 In The Season 4 Update
Looking forward to seeing what they have.
Today, Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2 announced that Season 4 will feature former Division Agent Faye Lau as the Prime Target. Season 4 is part of the upcoming Title Update 12, available December 8 and includes new weapons and gear, the optimization station, updates to The Summit and quality of life improvements. Season 4 and updates to The Summit are available for all Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion owners while the game improvements in Title Update 12 will be available for all Division 2 players.
Below is a full breakdown for Title Update 12:
Season 4 and the Return of Faye Lau (Warlords of New York Players): The Division has learned that Faye Lau, Division commander-turned rogue, is working together with four ex-Division operatives recruited by Black Tusk, now under her command. However, her motivation to turn on The Division remains a mystery. With Lau leading the rogue cell, the Division suspects a sinister plan that needs to be uncovered. Agents must now engage in the most important manhunt yet, where they must first target the four rogues in order to eliminate the cell, and ultimately get to Lau herself! In the second half of Season 4, players will also see improved frame rates for The Division 2 on next gen consoles. Leagues and Global Events will also continue once TU 12 goes live with new weekly events.
Improvements to The Summit (Warlords of New York Players): When playing The Summit, players will notice:
- Challenges, a new progression loop in The Summit, will come in two categories – Tactical and Ascent. Completing challenges will earn players a variety of rewards, as well as milestone rewards depending on the overall number of challenges completed. Upon reaching the 100th floor, all completed challenges will reset.
- New Commendations
- Guaranteed targeted loot rewards when unlocking a new elevator checkpoint (based on the player’s personal targeted loot selection).
- A new objective category and increased variation for the existing objectives to improve variety.
New Gear and Weapons (Warlords of New York Players): TU 12 will also include a new variety of rewards, including:
- Seasonal outfit and gearset: Rigger – Allows Agents to make the most out of their skills. Rigger focuses on faster deployment and lethality.
- Brand set: Empress International
- New skill variant: Achilles Pulse – Reveals the enemies’ weak points, allowing Agents to focus on those areas and bring foes down with extra damage.
- Three new exotics
- Capacitor assault rifle – Skill-based weapon will add stacks that increment skill damage, while each Skill Tier will grant extra damage to the rifle.
- Scorpio shotgun – Fast-firing weapon will stack status effects on enemies, starting with poison and ending with additional damage.
- Waveform holster – Like the Capacitor, Waveform will add stacks to increment skill damage, but in higher quantity and with the addition that it will transfer between the Agent’s skills.
- Four named items
- Two named standard weapons
- Scalpel – Tactical .308 marksman rifle
- Test Subject – PDR assault rifle
- Two named gear pieces
- Battery Pack – Named Empress International backpack
- Caesar’s Guard – Named Empress International chest piece
- Two named standard weapons
Additional Features (Warlords of New York Players): TU 12 will also include the following:
- Optimization Station: The Recalibration Station will include an additional “Optimization” feature, where players can optimize the stats on their items and view their optimization materials.
- Global Event Vendor: Players will earn stars by completing Global Event Challenges, which can be spent in the Global Event Vendor. Here, Agents can buy Crafting Caches, Season Caches, Exotic Caches, and more.
Quality of Life Improvements (All Players): Based on player feedback, a number of improvements have been added in TU 12.
- Players will have the option to wear masks whenever they want (previously, masks were worn in contaminated areas).
- Inventory size will increase from 100 to 150 for players to store their weapons and gear.
- Players will be able to pick up the turret skill (previously, they were required to either wait for it to time out or had to manually destroy it, waiting for the subsequent cooldown).
- The number of loadout slots have been increased by 4 to 16.
- Improved inventory management will allow players to filter gear mods.
Holiday Event Starting Dec. 8, players will have another chance to acquire the exclusive holiday-themed weapon that shoots … snowballs. Also, new this year, a limited-time Hunter mask will be available at the top of The Summit upon completion.
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is available on the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC, as well as on Stadia, Amazon Luna and Ubisoft’s subscription service, Ubisoft+*.
For the latest news on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 and all of Ubisoft’s games, visit Ubisoft News: news.ubisoft.com.