Published on July 29th, 2020 | by gareth0
BPM: Bullets Per Minute Trailer
This looks interesting and there is always room for a new FPS if done well.
After making a splash when its first trailer hit back in April, developer Awe Interactive is today officially announcing a September 15th launch date for the PC version of rhythm FPS ‘BPM: Bullets Per Minute’.
- You can check out the brand new trailer accompanying this announcement here:
A Rock Opera FPS Roguelike with Relentless Rhythm – ‘BPM: Bullets Per Minute’ Confirms it’s Bound for PC this September
Beats and Bullets Aplenty on Offer in this Retro-Inspired Rhythm FPS
Derby, UK – Wednesday 29th July, 2020 – A fast, frenetic shooter with a rhythm that just won’t quit, BPM: Bullets Per Minute turned heads when developer Awe Interactive lifted the lid on its first project back in the Spring. Now the studio can reveal its finely-tuned rhythm FPS will bring its bang-bang-to-the-beats action to Steam for PC on Tuesday 15th September.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute brings the kind of gameplay you’d expect from a dungeon-based shooter to the table, but encases it in a world where every action – every shot, every jump, and every dodge – is pulled off to the beat of an epic rock soundtrack.
The game serves up randomly generated dungeons infested with brilliantly preposterous monsters and tasks players with taking on the role of the mighty Valkyrie. The goal? Take out each and every boss to the beat, and look pretty darn cool while doing so.
“There’s no doubt we were inspired by the retro shooters from when we were growing up when putting BPM: Bullets Per Minute together, but we think the game’s unashamed slave-to-the-rhythm ethic gives it a fresh feel and an added edge,” says Awe Interactive founder David Jones.. “It’s that sweet spot between giving gamers a taste of the supreme shooters they loved when they were young, but also offering them something that genuinely pushes the boundaries of the genres the game straddles.”
BPM: Bullets Per Minute delivers a total of seven bosses players have to topple in order to reach the final boss, collecting an assortment of weapons, abilities, and items as they go, ensuring every playthrough has a unique feel.
All the action plays out to the beat of a barnstorming soundtrack, which takes inspiration from the likes of Wagner, Muse and Audioslave. Every pulse is tied to the in-game action, with the structure of BPM: Bullets Per Minute’s audio pulling everything together to make one cohesive world.
In short, if Brian May were to play games, he’d play BPM: Bullets Per Minute.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute features:
- Shoot, jump and dodge to the beat while battling hordes of enemies.
- Fight powerful bosses in challenging boss battles that will push you to the edge.
- Explore randomly generated dungeons.
- Choose from 5 different characters with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Wield a powerful arsenal of weapons, all with different behaviour for firing and reloading to the beat of the soundtrack.
- Battle a diverse array of enemies, each with unique rhythmic behaviours.
- Get overpowered and fire shotgun rockets while flying through the air.
- Utilise abilities that radically alter the way you play the game, from teleport to freezing bolts.
- Equip over 40 items that buff your character in unique and interesting ways.
- Experience an epic rock opera soundtrack.
- Challenge modes for extra gameplay.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute will launch on Steam for PC this September, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions following later.