Published on November 7th, 2019 | by gareth0
Wargaming And Lionsgate Partner To Bring Midway To World Of Warships
Really enjoyed the movie so hopefully the update will be good as well.
Wargaming and Lionsgate have partnered to promote the
new movie “Midway” premiering this weekend. In addition, Wargaming has created a
special Midway battle mission in the World of Warships game for players to
experience the epic battle. The game can be downloaded for free at:
Key features include:
• More than 30 historical ships that took part in Midway operations are recreated
within World of Warships.
• Wargaming created special battle missions to commemorate the Battle of Midway and
the movie release, by completing certain tasks within the game, players will be able
to try out IJN Kaga and IJN Saipan. The battle missions will run until December
• All ships are carefully developed based on historical documents and blueprints
that were acquired from archives and naval museums.
• World of Warships has more than 300 historical ships representing 11 different
nations or geographical areas.
• Timely find: Shipwrecks of WW2 Japanese aircraft carriers IJN Kaga and IJN Akagi
that were sunk during the Battle of Midway have been discovered and the discovery
was filmed by the RV Petrel crew this October.
An online press kit with images can be seen at:
At several movie premieres around the country including USO screenings on military
bases, attendees will receive invites to create a new WoWS account with the code
“MIDWAYMOVIE” to receive cool in-game items when they create their account.