Published on September 10th, 2019 | by gareth0
Anthony Rapp Comes To Star Trek Online: Awakening
Looks like an interesting update.
STAR TREK ONLINE DAWNS A NEW AWAKENING WITH STAR TREK: DISCOVERY’S ANTHONY RAPP
New Update for Star Trek MMORPG Warps to PC Today and Consoles October 15
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 10, 2019 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of live service games, and Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online: Awakening is now live on PC and launches on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One October 15. The time has come for Star Trek Online captains to return to the 25th Century. In the newest update to the free-to-play Star Trek MMORPG, players will warp to the year 2410 and team up with a sentient hologram of Lt. Commander Paul Stamets (voiced by Anthony Rapp from Star Trek: Discovery) to stop the Klingons from destroying the Mycelial Network Captains will also discover a new series of patrols to repair rifts in the fabric of space, a brand new Task Force Operation and Mycelial Event to earn a new T6 starship. Plus in the coming weeks, a new ship bundle will be released in the Zen Store, which includes the debut of the U.S.S. Somerville, a special collaboration with the Star Trek Comics by IDW Publishing.
Check out the launch trailer for Star Trek Online: Awakening here:
Press assets for Awakening are available for download here: https://perfectworld.box.com/v/STOAwakeningPCLaunch
During Age of Discovery, players were introduced to J’Ula, sister of T’Kuvma and matriarch of the Klingon House of Mo’Kai. This savage leader waged a war against the Federation of Planets at Starbase 1 and inadvertently transported both fleets to the year 2410, using stolen Mycelial spore technology. It is now up to Star Trek Online’s bravest captains to track down J’Ula and ensure that she doesn’t corrupt the entire Mycelial Network. In order to accomplish this mission, players will require the expertise of an astromycologist, a hologram of the legendary Lieutenant Commander Paul Stamets from the U.S.S. Discovery (voiced by Anthony Rapp). Under his guidance, captains will navigate their way through the elaborate Mycelial Network to reverse the damage caused by the Klingons and face off against another fungal based enemy who has returned – the Elachi.
These events all take place in a brand new featured episode and across five added patrols for Star Trek Online: Awakening. Today’s PC update also introduces an exciting new TFO, a limited-time Mycelial Event that allows players to earn the new T6 Elachi ship, and revamped UI/Systems updates. A full list of features now available with Awakening include:
- Brand New Featured Episode – Captains hailing from all of the game’s factions can participate in the new featured episode “Beneath the Skin.” Players will depend on a hologram of Commander Paul Stamets from the U.S.S Discovery to safely guide them through the Mycelial Network.
- Five New Patrols – Players can embark on a mission with Stamets and Star Trek Online luminaries like Lukari Captain Kuumaarke to close the rifts caused by the Klingons.
- New Task Force Operation – Up to five players can participate in this special ground TFO against the Elachi, which tasks them with shutting down probes that threaten to destroy the Mycelial Network.
- Mycelial Event – Captains who participate in this special event can earn the new T6 Elachi ship by playing through the new featured episode, patrols and TFO throughout the next month.
- New Event UI – The dev team has revamped the Event UI to make it easier for players to access new special events.
- Patrol Systems – A new tab has been added to the PvE system, which allows captains to immediately enter selected patrols and gain bonus rewards.
- New Starships – In just two weeks, players will be able to purchase the new Cross Faction Intel Science Bundle, which includes the Klingon Balth and the U.S.S. Somerville, a starship first introduced in the Star Trek Comics from IDW Publishing.
Catch up on the first two seasons of Star Trek: Discovery on CBS All Access (https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/)
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game that allows players to explore the Star Trek universe from within. Players can forge their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy as a Klingon Warrior, rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird or carry out daring missions on behalf of the Dominion as a Jem’Hadar soldier. Captains can also explore iconic locations from the Star Trek universe, make contact with new alien species and battle alongside other players in customizable starships. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
Star Trek Online is licensed by CBS Consumer Products.