Published on August 20th, 2019 | by gareth0
The Settlers Comes To PC In 2020
I know a few people at the Radio show who will be more than excited over this news.
THE SETTLERS, THE famous build-up strategy game set in a living medieval-fantasy world, WILL RELEASE on pc IN 2020
The Settlers is available now for pre-order on Uplay PC via Ubisoft Store and the Epic Games Store
COLOGNE, GERMANY — August 20, 2019 — Today at gamescom, Ubisoft announced that The Settlers will release on PC in 2020 and revealed more details about the Glory winning strategy, as well as brand new gameplay features. Led by Volker Wertich, the original creator of the franchise, and developed by Ubisoft Düsseldorf, the latest version of The Settlers brings back the best, modernized elements from previous The Settlers titles, combining them with brand new features and gameplay systems. The Settlers is available for pre-order now on Uplay PC via Ubisoft Store and the Epic Games Store, and will be available on UPLAY+, Ubisoft’s subscription service. Details on UPLAY+ are available at uplayplus.com*.
The Settlers can be played both in PVE and PVP, and features three modes for players to enjoy: Campaign, Skirmish and Multiplayer. Powered by Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine, the game will use the new procedural map generation technology of landscapes and missions, bringing to players an authentic sense of discovery, exploration and uniqueness.
Players who immerse themselves in The Settlers’ colourful open world will discover stunning visuals and the innumerable details of the Wuselig, or bustling, feeling, specific to the brand’s DNA.
Among the features in the upcoming installment, The Settlers will offer alternative methods of victory, including:
- The Combat strategy: Players would control full armies of different units, taking on and defeating enemy armies to take over or defend their territory. Special units such as army leaders can have a positive effect on their troops.
- The Glory strategy: Players would select a hero character who will fight in the arena against the enemy. Once a player initiates a battle, spectators representing both sides will gather at the arena to watch the battle. Winning a fight can lead to dissatisfaction among the defeated party. This however can lead to revolts, allowing the player to take over the enemy territory.
- The Faith strategy: the third winning strategy will allow players to inspire Faith amongst Settlers and will be detailed at a later date.
On top of that, Ubisoft revealed the editions of the game at gamescom:
- The Settlers® Standard Edition includes the base game. Players will sail towards the unknown, explore, conquer, and settle new islands in a brand new medieval fantasy world. Players can enjoy their experience playing solo or with friends with the new online multiplayer mode offering thrilling skirmishes for long-lasting fun.
- The Settlers® Gold Edition allows players access to the game three days earlier, the Expansion One “Monuments & Merchants” and two decoration items, the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well.
- The Settlers® Entdecker Edition, a unique physical pack only available in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Poland, will offer to lucky owners the following assets in addition to the base game:
- One in-game decoration item: Gazebo of Tranquility
- Three Lithographs illustrating Settlers heroes’ adventures,
- Original selected soundtrack
- The Settlers® Collector’s Edition (available in Europe only) offers the most complete experience with access to the game three days earlier, Expansion One, physical items and more:
- a Numbered Collector’s Box (5,000 copies)
- One Artbook with stunning artworks
- Two in-game decoration items: the Gazebo of Tranquility and the Wishing Well
- three Lithographs
- One letter from Volker Wertich, the original creator
- Flower Seeds
- Original selected soundtrack
Additionally, players who will pre-order the game will get an exclusive decorative Statue of the First Settlers, which can be placed in any of your settlements. For further details about the different editions and offers for the game, please visit store.ubi.com.
The Settlers Alliance will be the key point for the community to receive the latest updates and be part of the development of The Settlers. Join us at www.thesettlers-alliance.com.