Published on August 6th, 2019 | by Mark De Guzman0
POW! Entertainment Announces New Projects To Celebrate Stan Lee
Looks like some amazing things ahead to help remember this amazing individual.
During the panel, moderated by Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment CMO Bob Sabouni, panelists incuding Gill Champion (President of Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment), Tom DeSanto (X-Men and Transformers producer), Jimmy Palmiotti (comics writer and artist), Marv Wolfman (comicbook writer) and C.B. Cebulski (Marvel Editor-in-Chief), shared their fond memories of working so closely with Stan over the years. Following this conversation, Gill presented the new intellectual properties to the audience.
The new and recent projects include: ● Backchannel: Backchannel originally released before stan’s passing but was put on hold shortly after. It has recently been re-released and can be found on LINE Webtoon. The series centers on the relationship of high school junior Tom Tanner, a comic loving engineering prodigy, and his father Martin, a widowed police detective. While developing a highly sophisticated AI algorithm, a power awakens within Tom that grants him the ability to mentally hack into any device. While initially using this newfound power for personal gain and petty revenge, he learns of a dark secret from his father’s past that will change him forever. New chapters will be released soon.
● Stan Lee’s Alliances: A Trick of Light: Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment has teamed up with Audible Inc., the world’s largest producer and distributor of downloadable audiobooks and other spokenword entertainment, for the release of Stan Lee’s Alliances: A Trick of Light. A Trick of Light was co-written by Lee and Edgar-nominated author Kat Rosenfield and co-created by Lee, POW! Entertainment, Luke Lieberman and Ryan Silbert prior to Stan Lee’s passing in 2018. This epic story, written and created for Audible as a first-of-its-kind listening event, invites listeners to unleash the power of their imaginations, and introduces new superheroes set within a tech-centric, highlyconnected world, unnervingly reminiscent of our own. Narrated by Yara Shahidi (The Sun is Also a Star, Black-ish, Grown-ish), Stan Lee’s Alliances: A Trick of Light is available for download exclusively from Audible.
● TASCHEN: Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment teamed up with TASCHEN for the release of The Stan Lee Story, written by esteemed comicbook writer and historian Roy Thomas, who succeeded Stan as Marvel’s Editor-in-Chief. An unlimited XXL edition of The Stan Lee Story will hit stores later this
month. Late last year, the limited run Collector’s Edition of the book, each copy signed by Lee, sold out within a week.
• The Amazing Stan Lee: production deal with POW! Entertainment and Pure Imagination for animate action adventure series “The Amazing Stan”. First of its kind animated series that envisions what Stan Lee and his world was like when he was a kid.
• Super Mom: Stan Lee’s Super Mom is an exciting new TV series we’re developing with CBS Television, based on a concept by Stan Lee. We are fortunate to have the wonderfully talented Jessica Koosed as our writer. Author of the acclaimed book series The Lost Causes, she has penned dozens of TV and film scripts, as well. More details will be announced in the coming months.
• Superhero Kindergarten: Stan Lee’s SUPERHERO KINDERGARTEN is an animated show co-created by Stan Lee and featuring the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger. The story behind the series’ inception began right here at comic con! One year, Stan was traversing the hallowed halls of the San Diego convention center when he ran into a number of preschool age fans. He was so shocked that these young children knew who he was that he decided right then and there that he needed to create something specifically for this young group of fans. Thus, Superhero Kindergarten was born!
• Madam Tussauds: The world-famous Madame Tussauds wax museum is creating a brand-new Stan Lee figure. Here is a very early look at the sculpt. The Stan Lee figure will officially debut in late 2019/early 2020, at either the London and New York locations.
• Restless: One thing Stan always strove for since his earliest days in comics was diversity. A project he had been developing for many years was a series called RESTLESS. Here to talk about it, is Executive Producer Courageous Chris Philips who worked closely with POW!. Chris is President of Starlings Television and producer of CW’s sci-fi series PANDORA. He is producing Restless with Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment for television.
President of Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment, Gill Champion, said: “With great power, comes great responsibility and our biggest aim is to make Stan proud. We want to make sure Stan’s iconic legacy lives on through his fans far and wide for generations to come, and we have no doubt that these projects that Stan worked so hard on will further propel his vision. We are thrilled to have such great partnerships with creative teams who all share the same passion, objective and values as us, and we can’t wait to keep sharing new and unseen work with you all that Stan created.”