Published on July 10th, 2019 | by gareth0
New Free Content For The Division 2
Loved this game and really looking forward to see what is next.
New Free Content for Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2:
Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions Will Release July 23rd
Along with free updates, including the awaited Raid Discovery difficulty, Episode 1 will be available July 23rd for Year 1 Pass holders and July 30th for all players
July 10, 2019 — Today, Ubisoft announced new details and the release date of its first episode, the latest major update for Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2, available on the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will also launch on the new generation gaming platform, Stadia. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will also be available on Uplay+, Ubisoft’s subscription service. More details on Uplay+ can be found on Uplay.com**.
Part of the game’s Year 1 free content plan, Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions takes the fight outside the streets of Washington D.C. The fresh content for Episode 1 features new locations to explore and picks up where the story leaves off after the final boss at Tidal Basin. Episode 1, along with the new Expeditions experience, will release July 23rd for all Year 1 Pass holders and July 30th for all players.
Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions takes players to the surrounding areas of Washington D.C. in two new main missions and a new game experience where players will investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way. Players can look forward to the following content in Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions:
- Two New Main Missions
- Camp White Oak: Division Agents stage a well-planned attack into the presidential compound, as they seek to bring the now-traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, fled after her defeat in D.C. and is now held up at the Zoo regaining strength. Agents are on the hunt to eliminate Shaw, nipping the Outcasts’ reawakening in the bud.
- New experience: Expeditions
- In this new experience, players enter Kenly College, where contact has been lost with a military convoy full of vital supplies. When they receive what appears to be a final broadcast, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue. Expeditions will be split in three different wings for players to complete. Each wing will have a specific theme and tone, to be released on a week-by-week basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
- New Weapons and Gear: Players can obtain:
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
- Classified Assignments: Agents can take on two new classified assignments in Washington’s Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13 (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders).
Alongside content, Episode 1 will also bring game updates based on player feedback:
- New Discovery Difficulty setting for the “Operation Dark Hours” Raid
- The new Discovery Difficulty, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, will allow more players to experience The Division 2 in its entirety. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal difficulty, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can expect a variety of great rewards, while training for the Normal Difficulty.
- Crafting improvements
- Players can now craft their gear up until Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters (available after reaching World Tier 1). Additionally, crafted weapons can now be recalibrated.
- Weapons balancing and skills buff
As part of the ongoing updates to answer community feedback, awaited balance and buffs will be added to the next title update. This update will include an overhaul of Skills, as each Skill power will be fine-tuned, adding more to agents’ build.
The Year 1 Pass gives players even more content to The Division 2. Click here for full details on what’s included with the Year 1 Pass. You can also purchase your Year 1 Pass for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 to get early access to Episode 1 content.
Led by Massive Entertainment in collaboration with seven other studios around the world*, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is the next evolution in the open-world online shooter RPG genre that the first game helped establish. Set seven months after a deadly virus was released in New York City, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 brings players into a fractured and collapsing Washington D.C. The world is on the brink, its people living through the biggest crisis ever faced in human history. As veteran Division agents, players are the last hope against the complete fall of society as enemy factions vie for control of the city. If Washington D.C. is lost, the entire nation falls. Building upon more than two years of listening to and learnings from The Division community, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will offer a substantial campaign that organically flows into a robust endgame, to create a cohesive and meaningful experience for all types of players, helping players emphasize their freedom to make strategic choices and hone their own approach.
For more information on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, please visit: tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com. For the latest news on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 and all of Ubisoft’s games, visit Ubisoft News: news.ubisoft.com.