Published on January 10th, 2019 | by gareth0
Lunar New Year Comes To Universal Studios Hollywood
This looks like a great event to attend.
Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season.
Today Universal Studios Hollywood announces the return of its beloved Lunar New Year celebration, ushering in the “Year of the Pig” from February 2–17.
Let me know if you can share this announcement!
I’ve included a highlight below with the press release & image attached. Click HERE for a preview of what’s to come.
LUNAR NEW YEAR
- Event Dates: Saturday, February 2 – Sunday, February 17, 2019
- Lunar New Year take place within Universal Plaza, located at the heart of the theme park, and is included in the price of admission to Universal Studios Hollywood
- The centerpiece of the Lunar New Year festivities will feature DreamWorks’ Kung Fu Panda Jade Palace Performance Stage and the exciting Dragon Warrior Training Show based on the beloved Kung Fu Panda franchise
- Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop is back by popular demand to serve up delicious culturally-themed food such as Po’s Dumplings, Dragon Warrior Bao, Oogway Eggrolls and Secret Ingredient Stir Fry Noodles
o Mr. Ping himself will be on hand to interact with guests and take memorable souvenir photos
- Global pop icon Hello Kitty will step out in style, wearing her signature red bow and specially-designed Lunar New Year attire
- a Mandarin-speaking Transformer’s MEGATRON will greet guests at the entry of the festivities, engaging guests in Mandarin and in real time conversation reflective of his persona
- A curtain of customary red Chinese lanterns and stunning plum blossom Wishing Trees will further compliment the event
- Uniquely themed experiences offered in Mandarin include the theme park’s signature Studio Tour and the exclusive VIP Experience
o Featuring expertly-trained Mandarin-speaking tour guides both opportunities provide insight into the world of movie-making magic