Published on June 18th, 2018 | by gareth0
Samsung Brings QLED Cup To Various Cities
This will be worth a look as what we saw at CES and E3 was amazing.
Samsung brings the QLED Cup to gaming enthusiasts to Select U.S. Cities This Summer
LOS ANGELES, CA – JUNE 18, 2018 – Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today announced the launch of an experiential QLED TV tour coming to select U.S. cities this summer. After kicking off at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles this June, gaming enthusiasts will now have the opportunity to experience and compete Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One X via Samsung’s 2018 QLED TVs.
After launching at E3 last week, the tour continues into the summer with Samsung challenging gamers in LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas and Houston who visit the QLED semi-truck to participate in the QLED Cup activation. Participants have the opportunity to compete in Samsung’s Forza Motorsport 7 competition, for a chance to win premium prizes from Samsung and Xbox. Equipped with custom-built gaming pods and QLED TVs, Samsung’s QLED semi-truck will serve as competition grounds, with participants racing for the fastest winning time.
Building on its commitment to deliver TVs with premier gaming capabilities, Samsung’s 2018 QLED TVs feature AMD’s Radeon FreeSync™ technology. This makes Samsung the first TV manufacturer to support industry-leading Radeon FreeSync™ adaptive refresh technology, for stutter-free gaming. This combined with QLED features like Game Mode, enables Samsung to deliver stunning gaming images through industry-leading displays.
QLED Cup Experience Tour Schedule
Samsung’s QLED Cup activation experience will be available at select events, stadiums and retail locations, including the below (more dates to be added):
- Fry’s Electronics, Renton, WA: June 22-24
- Fry’s Electronics, San Jose, CA: July 6
- Fry’s Electronics, Sunnyvale, CA: July 7
- Fry’s Electronics, Fremont, CA: July 8
- Fry’s Electronics, Manhattan Beach, CA: July 12
- Fry’s Electronics, Fountain Valley, CA: July 13
- Fry’s Electronics, San Diego, CA: July 14-15
- Comic Con, San Diego, CA: July 19-22
- Fry’s Electronics, Las Vegas, NV: July 26
- Conn’s HomePlus, Phoenix, AZ: July 29
- Conn’s HomePlus, Mesquite, TX: August 3
- NFM, The Colony, TX: August 5
To learn more about the QLED Cup experience tour, including additional stops, please visit: https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/qled-tv/qled-tv-truck-tour/.