Published on June 5th, 2018 | by gareth0
Plantronics Reveals The Rig 500 Pro Series
This looks like a very interesting set and it will be fun to test it out.
SANTA CRUZ, Calif., June 05, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Plantronics (NYSE:PLT), an audio pioneer and communications technology leader, today announced the RIG 500 PRO Series of gaming headsets, created to deliver high-fidelity audio in an ultra-lightweight design for the truly competitive gamer. RIG 500 PRO Series are the first gaming headsets to feature an exoskeleton earcup design with isolated inner acoustic chambers to reduce distortion, creating the ideal audio solution for today’s high-resolution gaming platforms.
Premium 50 mm drivers deliver wide-range frequency response while dual-material ear cushions provide the combination of noise reduction and comfort competitive gamers need for long, focused sessions. In addition, the Xbox and PlayStation officially licensed editions come with the patent-pending RIG Game Audio Dial, a 3.5 mm connector with integrated volume control for wireless game controllers. Console gamers can now adjust volume directly from the controller without lifting their hands. PC models feature an inline volume slider.
“The new RIG 500 PRO Series takes the innovative modular design of the RIG 500 to the next level,” said Jack Reynolds, director, Gaming Products, Plantronics. “And, it continues the impressive number of firsts we’ve brought to competitive gamers, including the first VR-focused headsets, Dolby Atmos® activation and now, the RIG Game Audio Dial for Xbox One and PS4 wireless controllers.”
RIG 500 PRO Series, available in HX, HS and Esports editions, builds upon the lightweight, modular design of the original RIG 500 with performance-boosting features including:
- Premium 50 mm drivers for expanded frequency response
- A removable noise-canceling microphone boom and flip-to-mute feature
- Removable audio cables that can be easily swapped or replaced
- Snap-in ear cushions that come in full fabric for maximum breathability or in dual material that balances comfort with ambient noise reduction
- Isolated acoustic chambers for reduced distortion
- An easy-to-reach RIG Game Audio Dial for fingertip volume control for Xbox One and PS4 models
- An inline volume slider for PC models
- The ability to unlock three-dimensional sound with a prepaid Dolby Atmos for Headphones activation code*
*Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox One and Windows 10 use only and is not included in HS model for PS4.
Pricing and Availability
RIG 500 PRO Series for use with Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows 10 are available now on Plantronics.com and at major retailers for the following:
- RIG 500 PRO HX, officially licensed for Xbox One: $79.99
- RIG 500 PRO HS, officially licensed for PS4: $79.99
- RIG 500 PRO, which comes with a metal headband with inline volume cable for PC: $99.99
- RIG 500 PRO Esports Edition, which is specifically designed for the rigors of competition with a die-cast metal frame and headband: $149.99
For more information on the variety of features of the RIG 500 PRO Series, visit here.