Published on April 26th, 2018 | by gareth0
Quake Champions April Updates
I need to make time to play more.
Quake Champions’ April update springs into action today, bringing fresh features and content to the best FPS players in the world. Among the additions — Quake’s quintessential villain, the cybernetic war dog Strogg, joins the fray as a new Champion; a new Cthala-themed map offers a fresh arena to master; and a blast from the past revives that fragging feeling as the Quake III Arena’s flesh-chewing Plasma Gun returns.
In addition, players looking to join the fray can celebrate Quake Champions’ April update by playing for free starting tomorrow through a limited test of the free-to-play version of the game, which is scheduled to release later this year.
- VIDEO: Check out some tips on how to play Strogg in this tutorial video: https://youtu.be/M24O38IlTdM
Get in First and Play the Free-to-Play Version of Quake Champions Pre-Launch
Starting this weekend, Bethesda is looking for FPS fans to help test Quake Champions’ upcoming Free-to-Play version. Starting Friday, a limited number of early Free-to-Play keys on Steam will be given away by PC Gamer and MMORPG.com. Players who want to be among the first in the world to play Quake Champions for free can visit those sites to grab a code and jump right in through Steam immediately. These keys will allow permanent access to Quake Champions’ free-to-play mode.
The Free-to-Play version of Quake Champions includes all maps and modes, along with one starter Champion, Ranger. Additional Champions are available for purchase or can be earned through playing the game, or players can upgrade to a paid version at any time. The final full release of Free-to-Play is scheduled for later this year. Now is the time for players to get a jump on the competition, hone their competitive skills, and customize their favorite Champion.
Dig Into All the New Goods in the April Update:
- New Champion – Strogg: Half military-grade metal, half decaying flesh, and 100% ready to rage, the primary enemy from both Quake II and Quake 4 is back as Strogg fights to be freed from the Dreamlands and reestablish contact with his ruthless warlord Makron. Players will also be able to take control of Strogg’s sidekick Peeker, an airborne AI drone that shoots explosives. Enemy kills are turned into a nutritional paste called Stroylent that provides 25HP, but players need to act fast – other Strogg players can steal lingering Stroylent.
- New Map – Awoken: Players will find themselves navigating a misty labyrinth of tropical ruins in this month’s newest map, Awoken. The vine-entrenched arena will be playable in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Duel, 2v2, and Instagib.
- New Weapon – Plasma Gun: Brace yourselves Quake veterans, the Plasma Gun from Quake III Arena is back as an alternative version of the Super Nailgun, replacing both the model and projectiles with the classic look. This high-powered cannon melts unwitting foes with bursts of pure energy and is sure to shake things up on the playing field.
- New Features: The April Update also brings other improvements, including Daily Rewards given when players first login for the day and a new player UI guide that helps new players get up and fragging faster. Additional features will continue be added as the game progresses towards full launch.
How to Get Quake Champions
Quake Champions is available now in Early Access on Steam and via Bethesda.net. Players can jump in immediately by purchasing the Champions Pack, which unlocks all current and future Champions as well as other exclusive in-game bonuses for only $29.99, or the Scalebearer Pack for $5.99, which comes with two starter Champions, Vanity items, cosmetics and more. A free-to-play version of the game will launch in the future.
For additional information, please visit http://www.Quake.com.