Published on April 12th, 2018 | by gareth0
Content Creator Comes To Wizards Of The Coast
WIZARDS OF THE COAST EMPOWERS CONTENT CREATORS WITH LAUNCH OF NEW ‘WIZARDS CREATOR PROGRAM’
North American Pilot Program Kicks-Off Today with Call for Applications for
Magic: The Gathering Arena Players
RENTON, WA – [April 12, 2018] – Calling all creators! Wizards of the Coast announced today details for its new Wizards Creator Program. Designed to support the robust community of content creators on myriad social platforms, eligible Wizards Creators will be given access to special features and perks for themselves and their audiences. Wizards is kicking off the program with a call for submissions from US and Canada-based Magic: The Gathering Arena players, with more regions to come in the future. Curious creators are encouraged to apply online at mtgarena.com/creators.
“We are blown away by the number of creators who have been streaming MTG Arena play since we lifted the embargo on the closed Beta last month and want to give back to this amazing community who support Wizards and Magic: The Gathering,” said Nate Price, Community Manager for Magic: The Gathering Organized Play. “We designed the Wizards Creators Program to help creators make compelling content and grow their channels, and are committed to working directly with people to ensure they get the most out of their MTG Arena experience.”
Qualified Wizards Creators will receive access to special in-game items, promotion, direct access to Wizards community managers, and more. Designed to grow and change over time with feedback from the community – the initial program will provide creators with:
- Promotion: increased visibility, social amplification, and placement on Wizards’ platforms (e.g., our websites, community hub, and channels) to help make community members more aware of the great work that Wizards Creators are doing.
- Early Access: access to preview content and in-game content early to help Wizards Creators show their communities something new.
- In-Game Items: sweet in-game swag for both themselves and to share with the members of their communities.
- Priority Communication: members-only lines of communication directly with a dedicated staff at Wizards of the Coast headquarters ensure Wizards Creators have a ready ear for any feedback, concerns, or issues they may have.
- Membership in a Growing Community of Content Creators: Wizards Creators will feel like they are a part of an active and welcoming content-creator community with members-only subforums and additional services and events to ensure members of have plenty of opportunities to feel like they are part of something larger.
This initiative builds upon the Creators Kits the Wizards team previously released to support Magic: The Gathering Arena streamers. These kits include layered images to help players create video overlays and a number of guides on how to create successful gaming content. The Creators Kits will continue to be available for free (subject to the Fan Content Policy) to all fans and budding streamers.
Magic: The Gathering Arena is the first game developed in-house by Wizards of the Coast’s new Digital Games Studio. Magic: The Gathering Arena is an authentic Magic gaming experience with the full rules and ongoing content support for new card sets, just like the revered tabletop game. The game is designed and built for digital gamers without compromising Magic‘s core gameplay. Every element of the game design is focused on an engaging and dynamic experience, true to authentic Magic, to provide players and viewers fast-paced, exciting, and easy-to-follow matches.
ABOUT MAGIC: THE GATHERING