Published on November 17th, 2017 | by gareth0
Short Guide on Moving to a New Place
Congratulations! You are moving to a new house. You have been waiting for this opportunity for so long and now it has finally come. Now it is time to pack things and arrange moving process to make it less stressful.
But do you know where to start? Do you have to check moving company websites or call friends for help? What is the best day for moving? If you are asking these questions, relax as you will be provides with some useful tips and lifehacks on moving.
Simple Life Hacks on Moving
Preparation takes a lot of time and requires attention as you need to think over too many details. Nobody says it will be easy but it is possible to organize everything properly to avoid too much stress.
- Choose moving day. You need to find the right moving day in advance to have enough time to prepare everything. It is worth keeping in mind that some days of the week are better days for moving, for instance, hiring a moving company will be cheaper as these days are not very popular. If you want your friends to help you with moving process, you need to fix the date and tell them to block it in calendars too.
- Moving services. There is a wide range of moving companies that will gladly help you. You can ask for recommendations or find a reputable moving company online at yelp.com – online services promoting only established and reliable companies. Read reviews and comments that usually contain a lot of information about quality of provided services.
- ● Find free packing supplies. Buying new boxes and tapes can add extra to your expenses list but there is no need to buy new boxes. It is possible to avoid additional expenses by dropping by at a local shop or grocery where you can get boxes absolutely for free.
- ● Get a car. Most people prefer to hire a moving company because it provides help, basically, with everything, and, in addition, has a truck to transport everything. If you are doing it on your own, you need a truck too. Taking a car of one of your friends is not a solution. You need a big car suitable for transporting big items. You are recommended to rent a truck. In such a way, you will cut expenses on fuel, and save time, which you will need to drive several times to the same place on a small car.
● Packing. Probably the best advice is to pack like you are going on vacation. Take only what you really need and use, the rest should be thrown away.
With these simple tips in mind, you will survive moving day easily. Moving to a new place is always a great opportunity for new things to begin – keep that in mind.