Published on February 1st, 2017 | by Genevieve Mc Bride0
Turtle Beach Announces FLYTE Gaming Backpack
Gaming Backpacks are really getting fancy, and here is anew one that looks great.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE BACKPACK EVERY GAMER HAS BEEN WAITING FOR
that has Everything You Need to Take Your Gaming Lifestyle Wherever You Go
“Early Bird” Price as Low as $99.00 and be Among the First Get One While Supplies Last
San Diego, CA – February 1, 2017 – Leading gaming headset and audio accessory company Turtle Beach Corporation (NASDAQ: HEAR), and premiere eSports apparel provider Electronic Gamers’ League (EGL) have joined forces to bring gamers FLYTE – the first backpack created for today’s generation of gamers on the go, and the only backpack any gamer will ever need. Gaming has evolved into a lifestyle, and the all-new FLYTE backpack is the only contemporary gaming bag designed from the onset with this lifestyle in mind, offering a wealth of features and functionality, comfort, durability and customization.
Check-out the FLYTE gaming backpack video HERE, and continue reading below for full details.
The all-new FLYTE gaming backpack’s official launch is slated for later this year, but Turtle Beach and EGL have put together a special 45-day long pre-order offering via Indiegogo starting today through March 17, 2017, where fans can purchase the backpack for a discounted “early bird” price of $99.00 and secure their spot as some of the first gamers in the world to receive one. The initial supply of FLYTE gaming backpacks is limited with only 1,500 units worldwide, and there will be two options available.
First is EGL’s own FLYTE backpack in black. Second, of the initial 1,500 pieces, EGL has created 500 limited-edition grey FLYTE backpacks exclusively for Turtle Beach. Further, in addition to offering the grey FLYTE backpack as a standalone item for $99.00 during the pre-order timeframe, Turtle Beach has put together a generous selection of pairings with other Turtle Beach products and apparel, including all-new Turtle Beach zipper hoodies, t-shirts, hats and more that fans will surely want to explore at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-world-s-best-gaming-backpack-without-equal-travel#/.
“Whether you’re an eSports pro, a hardcore gamer, or someone who enjoys taking their console with them on vacation, there are so many gamers on the go these days that there’s definitely a need for a true gaming backpack,” said MacLean Marshall, Sr. Director of Brand and Communications at Turtle Beach. “Gaming has become a lifestyle just like surf, skate and snow culture, camping, hiking or whatever your flavor is, and I can tell you that after having used a prototype FLYTE backpack for the past few months that this bag is fantastic. It looks and feels great, and is extremely comfortable even when loaded with my console, laptop and other necessities, and is the perfect backpack to suit that gamer-on-the-go lifestyle.”
Added Dan Werling, Co-Founder, Electronic Gamers’ League:
“As the premiere eSports apparel company, we saw an opportunity to create a backpack to suit the needs of today’s gamers, who are consistently roaming the world, competing in tournaments, attending shows and more. We put a significant amount of time, effort and energy into the creation of the FLYTE backpack, joining forces with one of the most prestigious bag design firms in the world to ensure this backpack is nothing short of amazing. And we’re also excited to team-up with Turtle Beach to create their custom, limited-edition grey FLYTE bag – something I’m sure we’ll see the guys from OpTic Gaming and FaZe Clan wearing soon enough as they’re already using Turtle Beach’s premiere ELITE PRO headsets and other gear. There are backpacks, and then there’s the FLYTE…and if you’re a gamer there’s no better, more comfortable way to carry around all your gear and look great while doing it.”
Full features for the new FLYTE backpack include:
- Created with highly durable 1,000D military-grade ballistic nylon and a water resistant TPU-coated base to protect your gear from the elements, with a #10 YKK RC zipper for the main compartment and #8 zippers for additional pockets, and easy grab zipper pulls
- A fleece-lined top tech pocket with a headphone pass-through so you can listen to your music on the go while storing your phone, sunglasses and other valuables, with a large quick access pocket on the back and two water bottle/storage pockets (one on each side)
- Contoured air-mesh padded shoulder straps and maximum adaptive padding for ultimate comfort, plus armor plate compression molding for improved back support and optimal ventilation keep you upright and dry when on-the-go, even when fully loaded
- Customizable patching areas to support your favorite games, teams, players, sponsors, and more
- An easy access main compartment that fully unzips for easy packing/unpacking, plus a fully padded compartment that fits up to 17.4” laptops and has a separate sleeve for tablets large and small
- 10 dedicated internal pockets to hold a console, video games, controllers, ELITE PRO gaming headset, ELITE PRO T.A.C., IMPACT 700 keyboard, GRIP 500 mouse, cables and other accessories
With only 500 units of the limited-edition grey Turtle Beach FLYTE backpack available worldwide, be sure to pre-order one while supplies last to ensure you’re one of the first to have the new FLYTE backpack, and to get it for the discounted “early bird” price. Once ordered, your shipment will be fulfilled by EGL at the end of March for delivery shortly thereafter.
For more information on the limited-edition grey Turtle Beach FLYTE gaming backpack, visit www.turtlebeach.com/en-us/egl-flyte-backpack. For more information on EGL, visit www.electronicgamersleague.com. And for more information on the latest Turtle Beach gaming headsets and accessories, visit www.turtlebeach.com and be sure to follow Turtle Beach on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.