Published on August 30th, 2016 | by Genevieve Mc Bride0
Bethesda And Twitch To Host Elder Scrolls Legends eSports At PAX West
Today we’re excited to reveal that in conjunction with Twitch, Bethesda will host the first esports event for The Elder Scrolls: Legends, this weekend during PAX West in Seattle in the Penny Arcade Expo’s PAX Arena. The event will include tournaments involving some of the world’s top card game Twitch personalities, as well as a free play area, tournaments, daily events, and an Open Competition for PAX attendees.
- WHAT: The Elder Scrolls: Legends PAX Arena at PAX West
- WHERE: PAX Arena Room 4A; Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, WA
- WHEN: Competitions on Friday Noon-3pm, Saturday 1-4pm, Sunday Noon-3pm, Monday Noon-3pm
All PAX attendees are invited to play The Elder Scrolls: Legends in the free play area, or participate in sit-and-go tournaments and other daily events to win Bethesda games, merch, Twitch swag and more. Attendees can also qualify each day for the Open Competition and an opportunity to play in the Finals on Sunday to claim the title of the first PAX Champion in The Elder Scrolls: Legends.
Those who are unable to attend PAX West can watch three hours of live broadcasts every day on www.twitch.tv/paxarena or download and play the game for free by visiting Legends.Bethesda.net. For more details on the schedule for the event, please see Bethesda.net.
The Elder Scrolls: Legends PAX Arena will include:
- Top Twitch Card Game Streamers: Some of the world’s top Twitch card game streamers, including TrumpSC, Kolento, Hafu and Kenji, will be on-hand to play and battle in multiple tournaments and showcases:
o Developers vs Influencers Tournament: On Friday, Sept 2, Noon to 3:00 pm, Twitch streamers will do battle against the game’s creators, Dire Wolf Digital, and Pete Hines from Bethesda Softworks, in a series of matches.
o Pro-Am Showdown: On Saturday, Sept 3, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, the best PAX attendee Open Competition players from Friday will get their chance to face-off against the Twitch streamers and see if they have what it takes to stand tall against the best.
o Influencer Showmatches: On Monday, Sept 5, Noon to 3:00 pm, all four influencers will compete in a series of showcase matches.
- Open Competition: Friday through Sunday, PAX attendees will battle in an Open Tournament to claim the title as the first ever PAX Champion as well as grab tons of great Bethesda prizes. The Open Tournament qualifying matches will be held Friday and Saturday, Noon to 3:00 pm, with Semifinals and Finals matches to be held on Sunday from Noon to 3:00 pm.
- Free Play Area: During all four days of PAX West, a dedicated Free Play area will be open for all PAX-Goers to try The Elder Scrolls: Legends during regular show hours.
For more information about The Elder Scrolls: Legends, please visit legends.bethesda.net.