Published on November 24th, 2015 | by gareth0
Universal CityWalk Reveals The Wishing Tree, Grinchmas, And More
Universal City, California – November 23, 2015 – During this joyful season of giving,
Universal CityWalk and NBC4 Southern California are collaborating to present the first-ever “The Wishing Tree” event, inviting the public to pay it forward by making a wish for someone deserving.
From Friday, November 27 through Tuesday, December 22, Universal CityWalk visitors may place their wishes for friends and family next to the decorative trees adorning Universal CityWalk’s “5 Towers” plaza. NBC4 viewers can also share their wishes at www.NBCLA.com/wishingtree.
Wishes will be granted live weeknights from December 9 – 23 during the NBC4 News at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. from Universal CityWalk with longtime NBC4 Weathercaster Fritz Coleman.
Those visiting The Wishing Tree are encouraged to post photos and video using #NBC4You. Updates and a schedule of the Holidays at Universal CityWalk can be found at www.CityWalkHollywood.com as well as on CityWalk’s Facebook- Universal CityWalk Hollywood, Twitter and Instagram @CityWalkLA. Viewers can tune in to NBC4’s Today in LA at 4:30 – 7 a.m. and News at Noon, and follow @NBCLA on Facebook and Instagram for highlights of the surprising moments.
“NBC4 is pleased to collaborate with our family at Universal CityWalk on The Wishing Tree and inspire a tradition of giving during the holidays,” said Steve Carlston, President and General Manager of NBC4 Southern California. “The Wishing Tree aligns with the station’s legacy of supporting the community through several philanthropic initiatives.”
In addition to The Wishing Tree, Universal CityWalk will ring in the season with a wintertime transformation from Friday, November 28, 2015 through Friday, January 1, 2016. A spectacular 40-foot tall Christmas tree will glisten with 200,000 LED icicles choreographed to the lights and sounds of the season in the “5 Towers” plaza, plus Santa Claus will make nightly appearances and offer special photo opportunities. Each evening, snow falls hourly at the heart of CityWalk. Admission to Universal CityWalk is free.
The Entertainment Capital of L.A. Rings in the Holiday Season:
Universal Studios Hollywood Cel-Who-brates with 21 Days of “Grinchmas”
and Universal CityWalk Decks the Hall with Free Concerts, Nightly Snowfall
and Special Appearances by Santa Claus
Universal’s Winter Wonderland Holiday Festivities Take Place
November 27 through New Year’s Day 2016
Universal Studios Hollywood’s Newly Introduced Annual Passes
Add Christmas Cheer as Perfect Stocking Stuffer Gifts
Universal City, California – November 24, 2015 – It’s the most wonderful time of the year as Universal Studios HollywoodSM and Universal CityWalk® deck the halls for a wintry calendar of cool holiday activities at The Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM
“Grinchmas” runs weekends on December 5-7 and 12-13, then continues daily from December 18, 2015 through January 3, 2016.
The Universal Plaza, an elaborate grand piazza at the heart of the theme park, will serve as the backdrop for the lighting of the towering “Grinchmas” tree – a whimsical centerpiece twisting and spiraling 60 feet above visitors and providing the ideal setting for merry holiday-making memories, while The Grinch, his adorable dog Max and the Who-ville Whos entertain guests nearby with fun-filled photo opportunities.
As part of the fab-Who-lous event, Martha May Who-vier and the Who Dolls will take center stage by the “Grinchmas” tree performing energetic musical sets to usher in the Christmas season in style. The Wholiday Singers – a hip boy-band ensemble – will perform nightly a cappella concerts featuring a mix of Christmas favorites and pop rock.
The spirited “Grinchmas” event also will capture guests’ imagination with a variety of inspiring activities designed to create long-lasting memories. These include:
- Who-ville Post Office – Visitors will have a chance to partake in the “Grow Your Heart 3 Sizes” campaign when they share their good deeds on a postcard and mail them to The Grinch. In return, Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. and Random House Children’s Books, the publishers of Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, will pay it forward by donating a book to a child in need through First Book on behalf of the sender.
- Trim up the Tree Lot – Guests can design and personalize their own “Grinchmas” ornaments to help decorate the venue’s other “Grinchmas” trees or take them home as a keepsake.
- Who-bilicious Cookie Dec-Who-rating – Freshly baked gingerbread and Christmas tree cookies will be available for purchase, and guests can create their very own amazing treats with an assortment of delectable frostings and tasty toppers.
- Story Time with Cindy-Lou Who – Cindy-Lou Who and her Who friends will gather guests of all ages – tall and small – for an engaging storytelling show of Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas, featuring special effects and audience participation. Universal Studios Hollywood’s newly introduced Annual Passes add additional cheer to the holidays as special stocking stuffer gifts. For more information or to purchase one of three new passes: the Gold Pass, the California Resident Plus Pass or the California Resident Pass, please visit www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/tickets.The spirit of the season continues with a wintertime transformation of Universal CityWalk, beginning the day after Thanksgiving on Friday, November 27 through Friday, January 1, 2016. A spectacular 40-foot tall Christmas tree will glisten with 200,000 LED icicles choreographed to the lights and sounds of the season in the “5 Towers” plaza. Santa Claus will make nightly appearances and offer special photo opportunities at “5 Towers” plaza while evening snow falls hourly at the heart of CityWalk. Visits from St. Nick, along with free concert performances and an eclectic ensemble of talented street performers will make CityWalk the ultimate L.A. holiday destination. Admission to Universal CityWalk is free.
- “Grinchmas” is included in the price of theme park admission. More information is available at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.
- The spirit of “Grinchmas” also will come to life aboard the world-famous behind-the-scenes Studio Tour with engaging performances by unforgettable Who-ville Whos re-enacting popular scenes and songs from the family favorite at the original film sets from the blockbuster film, “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”